The DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student, including 3K and Pre-K students.
The account gives your student access to TeachHub, which is how students access:
- iLearnNYC, the Summer School 2020 online learning platform
- Student report cards (available in the Student Documents icon)
- Multiple educational applications
- G Suite, Microsoft O365, and Zoom (using secure central accounts)
Your Student Account ID and Password
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
You can also watch a quick video on how to access your student account information:
Access the Remote Learning Portal
In order to support students with remote learning, the DOE has made available a remote learning portal for all DOE students. The remote learning portal provides quick links to online learning tools they will need, including Google Classroom and Microsoft Office. For students at schools that use Clever, a link to Clever will appear in the portal.
- Sign into the Remote Learning Portal(Open external link)
Get More Help
If you are unable to access your child’s student account, contact your child’s school. They can provide you with your student's account ID and password.
Schools: visit the InfoHub for instructions on how to download DOE student account information(Open external link).
For further assistance you can email: